Image Map

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Angus & Robertson

I love books. Totally is not a secret.

So when we walked past Angus & Robertson today in our nearest Westfield, and saw the signs "50% OFF STOREWIDE" I just had to go in.

Oh boy, did I go in.

I started looking at the tables at the front, didn't really see anything that jumped out at me too much so I headed straight for the children's section. I was so in awe of the drop in price that I didn't even bother to buy myself a book!

Here is my little haul:


A lot of these are books I have needed or wanted for a while, but couldn't part with the money. I even bought an extra copy of "Diary of a Wombat" in hardcover, even though I have it as a board book.

Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French
Baby Wombat's Week by Jackie French
Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins
The Great Paper Caper by Oliver Jeffers
The Heart and the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers
Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox & Helen Oxenbury
How High can a Kangaroo Hop? by Jackie French
Wombat Goes Walkabout by Michael Morpurgo & Christian Birmingham

While a lot of these are authors I have known and loved for years, a new author that I definitely recommend is Oliver Jeffers. Not only are the illustrations magical, but the words are magnificent and it is truly an amazing piece of literature. I will be writing up on Early Childhood Resources all about "The Heart and the Bottle" in April.

So that was $95.45 for all those books.

I'm quite proud of my little haul and I know I would have bought more if the shelves weren't so bare already!

<3

1 comment:

Publisher said...

Good on you - love the books you got, I have some of them already for my kids.
I am going tomorrow to Angus and Robertson we have one in our shopping centre too and I have seen the sale signs for a few days now but never had a chance to go in!