Image Map

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Terrified

Yesterday afternoon was the end of a very hectic day.

When you spend all day inside with twelve under two year olds it gets like that.

But it was an okay day. Nothing too extreme happened.

That was until I went to heat up one of the little ones dinner.

When I came back and put it down on the table for another staff member to feed because I had finished my shift. I look around to see where my favourite little one is at for a goodbye cuddle.

That's when I notice he isn't in the room.

Where is he?

In that instance I notice him in the three to five year olds room, eating wish stones. Getting them into his mouth as quickly as possible.

I run over. Yes, I ran. And instantly pull the two that are in his mouth out. And pick him up bringing the container with me.

He starts coughing. I panic.

I actually had to ask what should I do.

That worries me.

I am usually quite calm in those sort of situations. I go through the motions.

I didn't even panic that much when my ex sort of electrocuted himself.

The bub is fine, but I kept him with me until his dad arrived as I was quite annoyed and wanted to make sure he was okay.

I guess we will find out on Wednesday if he did swallow any.

Can only imagine how I will be when I have children of my own.

1 comment:

~stinkb0mb~ said...

holy crap how scary! you really can't take your eyes off them for a minute can you.

~x~